BOTTLE & CAN DRIVE:
Carolyn Dodd and Lorna Reid are busy organizing the 2nd Oceanside Granny Bottle & Can Drive and are planning for it to be even more successful than last year! We are focusing on the lessons we learned in 2014 and are determined that it will run really smoothly this year.
We are planning a collection point in the Nanoose Bay area – details later.
To be successful we need Grannies and their friends, spouses, neighbours and family to pitch in and give us a hand for a few hours on August 29th. Specifically we need volunteers to help with a number of different tasks:
- 10 days before the event distribute information flyers to houses on a specified route
- Work with a team of 2 or 3 others and a vehicle on a specified route to collect containers left outside houses for pickup. People with trucks or large vehicles are especially welcome! Probably 9.30-12.
- At the Return- It Depot on Alberni Highway in Parksville sort beverage containers (can be done while seated) for a 3-4 hour shift.
- Count containers into large bags (can be done while seated) for a 3-4 hour shift.
- Receive and distribute containers to sorting &counting tables for a 3-4 hour shift.
- Assist with set up at 8a.m. or clean up between 4 and 5p.m.
- Ask your neighbours if they’ll donate their returnables and take them to the Depot.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that there is coffee and water for the volunteers throughout the day.
We are expecting a busy but fun day and a great way to get know other Grannies. If you can help us with any of the above jobs please let Carolyn Dodd know ASAP. email@example.com
Submitted by Carol Lundine