Hello Granny Friends,
Hoping this message finds you both healthy and cocooning.
- Our Tuesday April 21 Meeting at Knox Church is cancelled.
- Our May 6th “Invitation to Celebrate” event is postponed. We are looking at a possible September date.
- Supporting Each Other. These are difficult times for everyone, especially those in our age group. Please know we are there for each other. If you need help or have questions, please respond to this email and I will reach out to our members to get you the help you need. No one is alone. Can’t get out for essentials? Let us know.
- Creative Endeavours. As many of us have time on our hands, it is a great time to create things for future sales. Let your imagination take flight! Feel free to send us pictures of your efforts. I’m sure they will inspire others. We will share them on this site.
- Take Care of Yourself. We will get through this together.
Sending virtual hugs (those are still OK)
Judi Sherin, for Oceanside G2G
Join Oceanside Grandmothers to Grandmothers in celebration as we mark a fundraising milestone. Our group has donated over $500,000 to the Grandmothers Campaign of the Stephen Lewis foundation.
Wednesday, May 6th at 1:30pm Bayside Resort, 240 Dogwood St., Parksville. Admission: by donation
Discover the “Who, What, Where, How” of the campaign as we host the premieres of two films on the Grandmothers Campaign: “The Cornerstone” and “Victory: Youth Championing Youth”.
Our communication system has changed. Oceanside G2G is now using email to provide information and updates to members. As a result, we have two important requests:
Please check your “junk” folder for messages sent in the last month and add the following address to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also please check the updated Membership Directory to ensure your email address is correct. We are working hard to connect members and your assistance in these two requests is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email or call (250-586-3989).
The minutes of the June meeting and the latest Membership Directory are ready for you to read and/or download from the Members Only section of the website.
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. To contact relevant group members or the website manager, check your Membership Directory for the contact information.
The minutes of the April meeting and the revised membership Directory are now ready for reading and/or download on the “For members only” part of the website.
The Oceanside G2G Membership Directory has been revised to include new members and requested changes. Welcome to Judy Campbell, our newest Granny, and a warm welcome back to Eileen Dombrowski.
The format of the directory is alphabetical by first name with names being listed on the left side of the page top to bottom and then the right side top to bottom before going onto the next page. Long time Grannies will find this format slightly different since the new format came into place.
It would be appreciated if members would check their directory information for accuracy, especially their email address, as the group is going to use email as the format for sending out membership information and group updates.
If you have any questions or concerns about the directory or wish to make changes to your directory profile, please contact Darlene Hayes at email@example.com
Social Time from 9:30 am to 10:00 am
Oceanside G2G Meeting Agenda
- Welcome: Carol Lundine
- New Members: Judith Sherin
- Financial: Ruth Epp
- Knitting: Colleen Lucas
- St. Marks Fair: Ann Tardiff
- Retired Members: Carol Lundine
- Small Group Discussion: All
PLEASE NOTE THAT KNOX UNITED CHURCH IS A SCENT FREE FACILITY
Please submit your agenda items for the April 16 meeting to Carol Lundine by April 10th
If you have something for the April 16th meeting agenda, please submit them to Carol Lundine by April 10, 2019.
Please note the January 2019 Directory is now available in the “For Members Only” section of the website under Membership and Directory.
Welcome to the four new members who joined us in January. Pictures in the directory help us to get to know each other. If your picture is not in the directory, please see Judi Sherin in the church lobby at 9:30 am before the April meeting or before any meeting you attend. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the directory or your information is not accurate, please contact Darlene Hayes.