Our yearly fundraiser “Stride at Oceanside” begins May 7th runs until June 7th. Please join us by signing up as a participant or by sponsoring us. If you walk, bike, swim, move, garden or create in any way on an ongoing basis, this fundraiser is for you. It is easy and fun. For example: family members can sponsor you instead of Mother’s Day and birthday gifts or friends will be pleased to support such a good cause. They might even decide to be active with you!
Team Name: Stride at Oceanside.
Team Leaders: Eleanor Thompson and Caroline Nichols.
Activities: Walk, bike, swim, garden, roll, stroll, golf, or create crafts/art, etc. (you choose)
Personal Goals: Set it yourself – choose how what you want to do for how much time
G2G Stride at Oceanside Group Fundraising Goal: $15,000
How do You participate?
- Sign up here: Home – Stride to Turn the Tide 2023 (akaraisin.com)
- Once in, hit the Register button.
- When that opens, choose Register a team member.
- When that opens, type in Stride at Oceanside as the team name
- Make a personal account by following their directions. This is a totally secure website for the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
- Then connect with your contacts, that is, let your friends, family and neighbours know that you are involved in Stride to Turn the Tide for the SLF. You can even use the Stride to Turn the Tide website to contact your potential sponsors.
- If any of this sounds daunting, don’t stress over it, just contact our fearless leaders: Caroline Nicols or Eleanor Thompson and they will guide you through it all.
SLF ensures that those people who choose to support you are attached to you and our team. Your contacts can contribute directly through the secure website – no hassle for you! You will get a note back from SLF telling you when one of your contacts has donated. You then press a button and they receive a thank-you note from you prepared by SLF and a tax receipt for donations over $20.
Do you have any questions? Do you want help?
Contact Caroline Nichols email@example.com phone 250-947-9110
Eleanor Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org phone 250-951-0810
HOW WILL OUR TEAM OPERATE?
1. You decide how and when you meet your personal goals. How much activity you will do per day or week and what it will look like. The team and your sponsors trust you.
2. You can do your own thing in your own time. You can form a group of like minded folks to join you. You can ask other G2G members to join you in your quest to be active in May.
3. We will have a ceremonial kickoff at the BC Islands Grandmothers Gathering at Nanoose Place Nanoose Bay on May 06. If you are attending, we will see you there!
3. We are meeting for fun and motivation as a group of walkers and bikers at Rathtrevor Beach each Friday morning starting May 12th at 9:30 am at the main parking lot entrance. Together we will walk or bike. We will then meet for coffee at Serious Coffee at 10:30 am where large tables will be reserved for the walkers and for anyone else from G2G who would like to join us. Not everyone can walk but we would love to see you and we need your support and encouragement.
4. We will also have a celebratory event when the month of fundraising has come to a close. Keep posted for that activity/event.
5. WE will reach our goal as Oceanside Striders as we Stride to Turn the Tide in 2023!
SIGN UP HERE: Home – Stride to Turn the Tide 2023 (akaraisin.com)